Caring for Your Mind, Body, Soul and Spirit during the CORONAVIRUS Pandemic
In the wake of the COVID-19 virus, please take all necessary precautions to protect you and your family. This includes guarding your hearts and minds from hysteria, panic and dread that is spreading even faster than the virus itself. It is vital that while we use wisdom in our everyday practices to minimize contagion, we also need to remain relatively calm so that we do not flood our brains and bodies with cortisol and adrenaline. This will only create a deeper level of chaos and dis-ease. Here are a few practical tips to support you and your family during these precarious times.
You can find general safety precautions, real time updates and statistics on news outlet and government agency sites. I have included the links at the bottom of the page.
Purpose: Create and sustain an inner atmosphere that supports good brain health, regulating the sympathetic nervous system and keeps you in a state of homeostasis
- Practice Breathing Techniques & Visualization
- Guided Meditation (CALM app or Insight Timer) or Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Yoga or Tai Chi (can use YouTube videos)
- Take supplements: CALM magnesium powder and B-Complex supplements helps regulate your mood
- Positive Self-Talk (watch your internal dialogue) and Mindfulness techniques
- Conduct a media detox periodically to give your soul a rest
Purpose: Strengthen your Immune System!! Create a Hostile Environment where a Virus or any foreign agents like parasites or bad bacteria (that weakens the immune system) can dwell.
- EAT CLEAN. No junk food. Plant-Based Diet – Eat the Rainbow. Eat Green Leafy Veggies. EAT Superfoods. Fruit with Seeds. Organic.
- Include Antioxidants, Vitamin A, C & D Polyphenols and Adaptogens are Anti-Inflammatory, Immune Boosting, Antiviral Agents
- Add Power Anti-Microbial Herbs to your Diet: Ginger Root, Astralagus Root, Garlic, Aloe, Echinacea, Elderberry, Goldenseal and Sea Moss
- Hydrate all day. Flush system 64 oz. or more – can add lemon or lime
- Take Care of your GUT – add a probiotic and pre-biotics to your diet
- Make sure you are moving your body throughout the day. 20 minute intervals
- Create your own hand sanitizer – aloe, tea tree oil, alcohol or witch hazel w/ citrus drops
- 72 Hour Detox/Fast – Natural Juice only (preferably) or Daniel FAST to cleanse and build up system. Remove toxins, parasites, old fecal matter from colon
- Make sure you are getting 7-8 hours of sleep daily. Children need longer depending on the age in the range of 9 to 12 hours
Purpose: To elevate your consciousness. An opportunity to go within, connect with the Divine Creator and build up your spiritual muscle. This will create an inner knowing and peaceful state of being that is not moved by the turbulence and uncertainty in the outside world.
- FASTING and Prayer – connecting with the Divine when the temple is empty increases the ability to manifest
- Reading Spiritual Books/Text
- Worship Music & Sound Baths – Can listen to spiritual music, chimes, singing bowls soothe the mind and spirit
- Meditation and Chanting – the human voice is a powerful instrument coupled with focused intention while sitting in solitude has the power to transform and transcend anything natural
- Add some Essential Oils (lavender, eucalyptus, rosemary, orange, lemongrass) to a Diffuser – cleanse the air, upper respiratory, open heart energy center and pineal gland to deepen spiritual practices
For more Holistic Health and Mental Health information follow me on www.facebook.com/gethealedtoday